Get it now from the WordPress.org Plugin Repository!
Adjusted Bounce Rate is a well-designed WordPress plugin that improves the performance and accuracy of any site’s user engagement metrics within Google Analytics.
Reduce Bounce Rate, Improve Time on Page and Session Duration
This plugin addresses the issues as identified by the Google Analytics team at http://analytics.blogspot.com/2012/07/tracking-adjusted-bounce-rate-in-google.html.
Others have also blogged about their own solutions at:
See https://grantnorwood.com/wordpress/plugins/adjusted-bounce-rate/ for more information about the plugin and the author, or visit the GitHub repo at https://github.com/grantnorwood/adjusted-bounce-rate to fork my code or submit an issue.
- Set the engagement tracking event interval. (Defaults to 10 secs.)
- Set the max engagement time, which allows you to customize when the session should be considered abandoned. (Defaults to 20 mins.)
- Set the minimum engagement time, which can be used to set an initial amount of time required to count the user has having engaged. (Defaults to 10 secs.)
- Customize the event Category, Action and Label names to be displayed in Google Analytics.
- Uses either the old pageTracker code, the newer asynchronous code, or the newest Universal Analytics code.
- Choose header or footer placement for the code.
- Compatible with Yoast’s Google Analytics for WordPress. For example, detects if analytics were loaded, or if they are disabled because of the currently logged in user’s role.
This plugin is available from the WordPress Plugin Repository, and from GitHub at https://github.com/grantnorwood/adjusted-bounce-rate. Please submit issues to the GitHub repo for the fastest response!